It is so important to lead with kindness right now. I am meeting a lot of very overwhelmed people on my webinars who need an understanding, empathic and compassionate leader. If you are leading a large organization, a sports team, a classroom or a household – you need to be well. If you are not happy and kind to yourself, you are going to find it very difficult to be that way to others. And others need you more than ever.
Look in the mirror and ask yourself, “What is one thing I could do better this week to feel better so I can give more without depleting myself?”
Thank you Lisa Peters for inviting me back to “Talk of the Town” to talk about my new book, Lead the 90% – Kind Leadership! And thank you Lisa for starting a book club with my book!!
If you have followed me for a while, you will know rather than making a New Year’s resolution, I like to pick a theme.
In 2020, my theme was Joy. By March, I wondered if I should have chosen something different! The world wasn’t feeling joyful. People were suffering. I was dealing with some of the deepest learnings I have ever experienced. But, as winter turned to spring, I quickly realized Joy was the perfect theme. It forced me to take out my 90% magnifying glass and find the joys, even if some days, those joys were small.
My theme for 2021 will be Next Level. I will look at each part of my life and see how I can take it to the next level. I want to be SO ready when this world opens back up.
- How can I take my health to the next level through meditation, nutrition, sleep and exercise?
- I will continue to clean and edit my home and take it to a new level.
- How can I take my businesses to the next level? How can I enhance what I do? I am looking forward to leveling up my webinars, interviews and writing my fourth book.
- I will look at every customer interaction and ask, “How can I take my customer service to the next level?”
- As our bubbles grew smaller and smaller and we were locked away, I learned who were the most important people in my life. In 2021, I am asking myself: how can I make my marriage a more fun and loving one? How can I best parent my now adult children?
- As I interact with those around me, I continue to challenge myself with how can I take kindness to others to a new level?
It doesn’t matter how well you did in 2020. You did the best you could. Go easy on yourself. Pick a theme for 2021. Choose one that is realistic. It is time to focus forward. What will your theme be?
Cheers to a next level year.
We are feeling a little 10% today; missing our annual New Year’s Eve Party and Pictionary tournament with our friends. Next New Years…will be epic!
Another question to ask your team members, family and friends is, “Who is the first person you will visit and hug when all of this is over?”