If you have followed me for a while, you will know rather than making a New Year’s resolution, I like to pick a theme.
In 2020, my theme was Joy. By March, I wondered if I should have chosen something different! The world wasn’t feeling joyful. People were suffering. I was dealing with some of the deepest learnings I have ever experienced. But, as winter turned to spring, I quickly realized Joy was the perfect theme. It forced me to take out my 90% magnifying glass and find the joys, even if some days, those joys were small.
My theme for 2021 will be Next Level. I will look at each part of my life and see how I can take it to the next level. I want to be SO ready when this world opens back up.
- How can I take my health to the next level through meditation, nutrition, sleep and exercise?
- I will continue to clean and edit my home and take it to a new level.
- How can I take my businesses to the next level? How can I enhance what I do? I am looking forward to leveling up my webinars, interviews and writing my fourth book.
- I will look at every customer interaction and ask, “How can I take my customer service to the next level?”
- As our bubbles grew smaller and smaller and we were locked away, I learned who were the most important people in my life. In 2021, I am asking myself: how can I make my marriage a more fun and loving one? How can I best parent my now adult children?
- As I interact with those around me, I continue to challenge myself with how can I take kindness to others to a new level?
It doesn’t matter how well you did in 2020. You did the best you could. Go easy on yourself. Pick a theme for 2021. Choose one that is realistic. It is time to focus forward. What will your theme be?
Cheers to a next level year.